Link-Compilation: Sightseeing on Smartphone
As a special service for our guests we have organised a rich program with helicopter flights, virtual time travels and many interactive discoveries more. All excursions are informative and can be done from the comfort of your own home ...
Virtual Museum Offers in Leipzig
- The Museum of Antiquities at the University of Leipzig houses one of the oldest and most important collections of Greek and Roman antiquities at German universities.
- „Close enough to touch“ - Discovering special topics interactively
Museum of Antiquities at the University of Leipzig
- The historic Bose House is the location of the Bach Archive and Bach Museum. The museum displays valuable originals, Bach manuscripts and a collection of baroque instruments.
- Virtual city tour „Bach's Leipzig in 3D Model“
- Video series „Played - on historical keyboard instruments“
- More virtual offers
- It is the oldest botanical garden in Germany and one of the oldest in the world. Covering an area of 3.5 hectares, it is home for about 10,000 different plant species. Two dozen species of butterflies can be experienced in the butterfly house.
- Virtual garden tour on Facebook
Botanical Garden of the University of Leipzig
- Leipzig is a city of printing, the world's first newspaper was published here. The German Book and Lettering Museum is a scientific documentation center for book and media culture. The exhibition „Signs - Books - Networks: From the Cuneiform to the Binary Code“ takes visitors through 5,000 years of media history.
- Overview about all virtual exhibitions
- Cultural history of Social Distancing
- History of newspaper printing
German Book and Lettering Museum of the German National Library
- Leipzig is the birthplace of Richard Wagner - many virtuosos and artists were active here, like Bach or Mendelssohn Bartholdy. The Gewandhaus Orchestra is the oldest civic orchestra in Germany and is today one of the world's best orchestras.
- Video-Page Gewandhaus Orchestra
New Gewandhaus in Leipzig
- The Grassi Museum is a worth seeing museum complex in Art Deco style, which combines three museums under one roof. Art deco pillared hall. Deer garden. Bauhaus windows in the staircase. Baroque treasury. Roman hall. Japanese Nô masks. Art Nouveau costumes. Bauhaus furniture. East German and international design. All you can find in the Museum of Applied Arts.
- Discovery tour with many virtual offers
Museum of Applied Arts
- Colorful clothing, weapons and jewelry tell of the close connection between symbolic reflection and practical life design. Presented in this exhibition are art and everyday life in the cultures of the world.
- „Fantastic worlds of animals“
Museum of Ethnology
- Known and unknown instruments, skillfully executed masterpieces and amazing inventions give a vivid impression of the craftsmanship and artistic skills of instrument makers since the 16th century.
- Musical themes on Museum's Facebook Site
Musical Instrument Museum of the University of Leipzig
- Experience, marvel, experiment is the motto of the hands-on museum INSPIRATA on the Alte Messe Leipzig. Visitors can experience things that they would probably not find in normal everyday life. Let a ball hover by itself, hide in a soap bubble or prove the rotation of the earth: Adventure and fun are guaranteed on an excursion for the whole family.
- Natural science experiments on YouTube channel
Inspirata - Center for Mathematics and Science Education
- The Art Power Plant is an exhibition and cultural center in a former heat and power plant of the Leipziger Verkehrsbetriebe. Currently, the following exhibitions can be visited virtually:
„Van Gogh Experience“ - „Farmesina“ - „Boomtown“ - „The Wonderworlds of Alice“ - „Invisible.“
- 360°-Tours of the exhibitions
Art Power Plant Leipzig
- The Mendelssohn House at Goldschmidtstraße 12 in Leipzig is located in the last apartment of the composer Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy. The museum, which is well worth seeing, preserves original furniture, letter and music autographs, first prints and some of Mendelssohn's watercolors.
- Virtual Offerings of the Museum
- The Museum of Fine Arts is the picture and art museum of the city of Leipzig. It was founded in 1848 as the first German picture collection of a citizenship. Since 2004, the collection has been housed in its eye-catching new museum building in the city center.
- „Insight“ - Virtual collection, special exhibitions and information on YouTube and Vimeo
Museum of Fine Arts
- The Museum of Printing Art shows historical printing technologies and demonstrates old printing machines and presses. Visitors can try their own hand at the printing workshop and create print products themselves using old techniques.
- Digital insights into the collection, interesting facts about printing techniques
Museum of Printing Art
- In a tradition of more than 100 years, the Natural Science Museum Leipzig is a central institution of natural science education. It is an archive of biodiversity and a memory of the history of science. A place of science preserved in flora, fauna, geology and archaeology.
- Video podcasts about nature, biology and the environment
Natural Science Museum
- Artist Yadegar Asis presents the ancient art of panoramic images in an old gasometer. Currently, the 32 m high panoramic image Carola's Garden can be seen. From the terms „Panorama“ and „Gasometer“ the name „Panometer“ of the impressive exhibition hall was created.
- About the current panoramic image „Carola's Garden“ on Instagram
- Overview about the Panometer Exhibitions from the Battle of the Nations to the Titanic
Asisi Panometer Leipzig
- Robert and Clara Schumann lived in Leipzig's Inselstraße after their wedding in 1840 for the first four years of their married life. Today's museum documents the life and work of the artists until 1844. Concerts are held regularly in the historic salon.
- The Instagram account of the Museum
- Virtual tour through the house
- The Old Town Hall is the location of the permanent exhibition about the history of Leipzig. In the house itself, the historic banqueting hall, the council chamber, the treasury and the cellar vaults can be visited. Changing exhibitions in the different houses complete the program.
- Video clips – Museum at Home
Stadtgeschichtliches Museum - Museum of Urban History
- St. Thomas Church is one of Leipzig's central places of worship. Johann Sebastian Bach worked here as St. Thomas' cantor, and his tomb is located in the choir room today. The famous Choir of St. Thomas - Thomanerchor - performs weekly motets and chants at church services.
- Virtual tour around the house of worship
- Videos of motets with the Thomanerchor, further concerts
Church St. Thomas
- The Contemporary History Forum Leipzig is dedicated to the history of the division and unification of Germany as well as dictatorship and resistance in the GDR. In addition to the permanent exhibition, temporary exhibitions on various topics are presented.
- Audioguide: Our History. Dictatorship and Democracy after 1945
Forum of Contemporary History
Virtual Excursions to the Region
- Since 1904, the Moritzburg Castle in Halle has been the home of an art museum with supra-regional appeal. The collection of paintings includes about 1800 works. In addition to Gothic art and the painting of the 19th Century, Expressionism, Socially Critical Art of the 1920s and Art of the GDR are the main focus of the exhibition.
- Worth seeing virtual tour - touching is allowed!
Halle - Moritzburg Art Museum
- The city is characterised by its art museums and the classical architecture of the reconstructed old town. The baroque Frauenkirche and the Zwinger, inspired by the Palace of Versailles, contain several famous museums. These include the Old Masters Picture Gallery with great works of art such as Raphael's „Sistine Madonna“ or the Green Vault.
- 360° - Guided Sightseeing Tour
- Online Tour through the City of Dresden
- 360° - Tour through Frauenkirche
- A rare film document from 1931 offers unique insights into everyday life in Leipzig on the streets of the trade fair city. The journey takes place during a ride in a Leipzig tramway.
- Please enter for the time travel
Special Time Trip in Leipzig
- The German capital Berlin offers its visitors numerous sights and experiences. With a virtual city tour on YouTube, the choice of visits becomes a little easier.
- Virtual Sightseeing in Berlin
Berlin - Lively Metropolis