VITALIS Course: Dual Vocational System
For years, the dual German training system has been known as a successful model for a good start to a profession and low unemployment among young people. It combines theory in vocational school with vocational practice in the training company. Course participants learn about the legal and organisational principles of dual vocational training.
Who is this course for?
- Teachers from regular schools and vocational schools, administrative staff
- Instructors and specialists from vocational schools and companies
- Employees of municipal and state administrations
What will you get from this course?
- Basics and developments of the current international labor market
- Legal and economic background of the dual training system
- Facilities and institutions of the German vocational training system
- Company visits and expert discussions
- The resources and possibilities of the European Union
This course will prepare individuals and groups to:
Some of the BIG questions that we will explore:
- What does practical experience and successful entry into a profession have to do with each other?
- What can we learn of a successful system, how can we practically apply focal points in our work?
- What advantages and difficulties are reported by employees in vocational training?
- How does the training operation work in practice?
How will the course be delivered?
At VITALIS it is very important that we are always able to turn learning into action; our courses are no different. Therefore, the course consists of a theoretical part and a visiting program, which gives the participants various insights into the daily work of vocational training in Germany. This can be implemented into daily work when they return to their schools.
Who will be delivering the course?
VITALIS’s education team has years of experience in government, private and international schools in Europe and around the world. Their experience includes classroom teaching, department leadership, pastoral care, residential education and senior leadership as principal, head of school and CEO. Our professional educational courses are delivered by members of this team.
Courses at VITALIS are delivered in a way that engages the participants in the practice and delivery of the Workshops, Seminars, Case Studies and Activities that we use as the vehicle for teaching and learning. Every participant will have the opportunity to grow in confidence and experience as a practitioner which will have a positive impact on their day-to-day work and on their learning.As with all of our professional courses, participants must be able to share their ideas and read in English.