VITALIS Course: Design Thinking and
Every year the World Economic Forum publishes a list of the skills that it believes are going to determine not only individual success, but also global economic, social and political success. All of these things will matter, but none of these is a subject that we teach in school.
Who is this course for?
- Groups of Students Leaders/School Council/Prefects/Senior students
- Older students in Youth Clubs/Organisation with responsibility
- Students beginning their G11/12 programme in school or college
- Students at the end of their compulsory education
This course is offered as a course for teachers and as a course for students.
What will you get from this course?
- Engage in a visible and collaborative process of problem identification and solution development.
- Lead and follow through on community action and campaigns through an iterative and inclusive process.
- Lead and organise themselves in their own work.
- Approach new situations and problems with a toolkit of skills and processes that lead to improved and sustainable outcomes.
- Gain a greater understanding of how to approach complex and undefined problems.
This course will prepare individuals and groups to:
Some of the BIG questions that we will explore:
- What does design have to do with school leadership and management?
- What can we learn from the design process that we can apply to our work?
- How can we plan for collaboration and systemic inclusion?
- How do we approach new and unfamiliar problems systematically?
How will the course be delivered?
At VITALIS it is very important that we are always able to turn learning into action; our courses are no different. We use a variety of Workshops, Seminars, Case Studies, Activities and Visits in which participants will contribute to the content and create products that can be implemented when they return to their schools.
Who will be delivering the course?
VITALIS’s education team has years of experience in government, private and international schools in Europe and around the world. Their experience includes classroom teaching, department leadership, pastoral care, residential education and senior leadership as principal, head of school and CEO. Our professional educational courses are delivered by members of this team.
Courses at VITALIS are delivered in a way that engages the participants in the practice and delivery of the Workshops, Seminars, Case Studies and Activities that we use as the vehicle for teaching and learning. Every participant will have the opportunity to grow in confidence and experience as a practitioner which will have a positive impact on their day-to-day work and on their learning.As with all of our professional courses, participants must be able to share their ideas and read in English.